shooting analog

This is a community forum for the analog photography with film. Register for a free account before someone else takes your username.

Dies ist ein Community Forum für die analoge Fotografie. Registriere Dich jetzt kostenlos, bevor Dein bevorzugter Username vergeben ist.

Portraits on 8x10” positive direct paper

I like them. I like the first one the most.

All Great! - What equipment, paper and processing did you use?

All Great! - What equipment, paper and processing did you use?
Shot on a Cambo on Harman positive direct paper and developed in Agfa Neutol
The paper is ISO 3 and pre flashed to get the exposer faster out of the foot of the curve.

This is a short film of me making portraits: is in Dutch, but maybe fun to view

Last edited:
Thankyou IvoB - the preflashing really makes a huge difference. Otherwise the Harman positive paper is way too contrasty. Here are a couple of pinhole images that I tried at 3iso for about 20 minutes@f/288 under cloudy skies (no preflashing) with Harman positive paper. Of Flinders Street Railway Station and the Melbourne Exhibition Buildings respectively.
Cheers Kanga

FlindersStreetRailwayStation1000pix.jpg
ExhibitionBuildings1000pix.jpg

Thankyou IvoB - the preflashing really makes a huge difference. Otherwise the Harman positive paper is way too contrasty. Here are a couple of pinhole images that I tried at 3iso for about 20 minutes@f/288 under cloudy skies (no preflashing) with Harman positive paper. Of Flinders Street Railway Station and the Melbourne Exhibition Buildings respectively.
Cheers Kanga

View attachment 72
Nice pinholes. I’ve built a 8x10” pinhole but never came to really do something usefully with it.

Instead of pre flashing the paper, over exposure does give a nice solarization.

(But imagine the Watts of flashlight required…. 4x500Ws and 1x1500Ws

Not something to use for the faint hearted model.

26557129901_f0a2141b46_o.png

Back